Membership in PMI provides the opportunity to network with fellow Project Management professionals and benefit from their knowledge and experience.
As a member, you:
- Receive the Project Management Journal four times a year. Informative in depth articles by experts in the project management field on a variety of current topics.
- Receive the PM Network twelve times a year. Timely news about the industry, the Institute, the technology and the marketplace. Review case studies, read your favourite columns, learn about upcoming events "...and even share a chuckle at Dilbert’s expense."
- Receive discounts on special events such as dinner meetings, training seminars and the annual Symposium.
- Can work towards achieving your Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, your Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) designation or your Professional Program Manager (PgMP) designation. These designations are recognized internationally in the project management profession. Use the library materials, attend seminars geared towards the PMP exam and network with fellow students.
- Elect your Chapter Board of Directors. In fact, you can run for any board position and help to promote and develop the goals of PMI.
See the PMI Global website for more benefits of membership:
You join the PMI Nova Scotia chapter as a part of your PMI Global membership. Apply online, renew, or download an application from the PMI Global web site:
You do not have to be a resident of Nova Scotia to belong to our chapter. Your Chapter fees are forwarded to the local chapter and used by the Nova Scotia chapter to support professional development, special events, and to provide professional forums and presentations in which you can participate.
If you have any questions, contact the Nova Scotia chapter directly at (902) 423-1PMI or via email .
Volunteers are critical to the success of PMI Nova Scotia. If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer, please contact the Membership Director .