Technicolour Team Building - Sustaining the Engagement, Cohesiveness, and Productivity of your Your High Performance Project Management Teams.
There are two distinct realities in the Project managers world:
• PM’s manage a diverse team of professionals in varied locations, time zones and cultures. Team members often never see each other physically throughout the project lifecycle - punctuated by COVID as now our “local teams” are remote. Given this reality PM’s need to explore new ideas for building and sustaining their remote team.
• PM’s manage a team of professionals onsite that require new engagement strategies that can be implemented to sustain retention, engagement and execution on project objectives. To this end the “traditional” team building initiatives lack lustre and traction, so PM’s need to restock their toolbox.
Design and deliver a session for project managers that enables them to discover tools and methodologies to effectively reach, engage and ultimately sustain their project team in these challenging times.
In this session Project Mangers will be able to:
• discover what is needed for effective team sustaining strategy (3F’s),
• assess your team’s learning style (MIQ),
• build a reward and recognition strategy,
• explore a quick start guide for progressive team engagement, and
• access and implement hours of team building tools in-person and remotely.
Buckle your seat belts and get ready for a Deep Dive into Team Building.
People are at the core of what leads to project success. There are lots of points of contact in a project life cycle where people are the tipping point from Scope and Schedule Management to Quality and Resource Management. When you consider some of the top reasons that people leave/disengage with projects you’ll find: issues with management, lack of opportunity for challenge, limited growth in their position, and lack of recognition of a job well done — to name a few.
Keeping people engaged, productive and connected today is though as their time and attention can be stretched in many directions as a result of a global pandemic and “new normal” working conditions. The PM who can engage and capture the hearts and minds of their team, create the best chances of project success. PMBOK shares motivational theories and keys towards managing inputs/outputs and suggested tools. We will take a deep dive and show you how to actually make this happen in today’s unprecedented times.
This session will focus on pandemic inspired answers to:
• Develop Team Strategies - Recognition & Rewards, Individual & Team Assessments, Virtual Teams, Colocation, Interpersonal & Team Skills.
• Manage Team - Team Skills
• Control Resources - Problem Solving
Our session will build on the theories you learned in your PMP from Hezberg, Maslow, McGregor, McClelland, etc. by sharing and showing you functional tools to enable PMs to exact on the theory with real rubber-to-the-road solutions for today’s real time challenges. We will help PM’s take theory into practice, by learning, doing and practicing real-life and proven team building performance tools and a Quick Start Guide to sustaining their teams in these challenging times.
In this session PM’s are invited to spend an interactive, informative and fun session with Team Design Expert, Tyler Hayden. You will be engaged by an:
• Author of over 25 books (visit www.tylerhayden.com);
• Creator of 100's of engaging team building solutions (see some at www.teambuildingactivities.com);
• Content expert in certificate earning team building programs (www.teambuildingschool.com) and;
• Consultant to major organizations on building improved work culture, team cohesion and project management performance.
Tyler will share with you how to sustain a team, what tools to use, how to deal with conflict, reward and recognition strategies, and much much more. You will explore a proven metric to help choose laser focused Resource Management solutions that you can implement immediately to keep your project teams engaged and functioning collectively.
BIO: Tyler Hayden is a keynote speaker like you’ve never seen before! Tyler has been an internationally respected team builder, author, and business speaker since 1996. He delivers a powerful punch that inspires teams, innovates management techniques, and invigorates team culture. When it comes to empowering audiences and teams to succeed—and to be their best every day—Tyler leads the way with insight and laughter. He is the author of over twenty-five books and the creative mind behind 100’s of powerful and fun team building products. His team building workshops and motivational keynote speeches receive rave reviews from managers and business leaders alike. Make sure your seat backs are up and your table trays are stowed, because we are about to unleash him ...
Finally, a description of Tyler would not be complete without a word about his greatest source of affluence: family. Tyler is a proud father of Tait and Breton, his beautiful, intelligent and accomplished daughters. Tyler looks forward to building a loving family and continuing to make a difference in his quiet seaside community in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, where he operated the only in town farm and sat as a councilor on Town Council.
|Event Date||10-27-2020 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-27-2020 3:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-13-2020|
|Cut off date||10-26-2020 6:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Free for members; $5 for non members|